Jack of All Trades – Maintenance Guru Needed
- Blue Sky Organic Farms in Litchfield Park
- Full Time, occasional weekends
- Pay based on experience, profit sharing, shared health insurance expense, weekly produce benefit
Willing to think outside the box? Are you a problem solver at heart? Looking for a job that will bring you diversity in tasks every day? We are looking for someone to be willing to help out in all maintenance areas of the farm. We have an immediate opening for someone who is well-rounded in their skill set and a jack of all trades.
Duties may include the following, but really will include so much more:
- Performing routine maintenance such as greasing equipment, caulking, and painting.
- Inspecting buildings for maintenance issues.
- Fence building and repairs.
- Vehicle maintenance, both gas and diesel trucks
- Basic carpentry, electrical, plumbing, facility repairs and care
- Basic gravel / road work
- Welding / metal work
- Light tractor / loader work
- Forklift use, truck loading and unloading
- Repair or replace just about anything
The ideal candidate will:
- Have a clean driving record and be able to be added to our commercial auto policy.
- Be a non-smoker (you may not work on or be in the greenhouses if you smoke)
- Be a quick thinker
- Have lots of common sense and see work and life with some humor
- Work well independently and with others
- Be organized and have time management skills
- Be able to follow project through until the end.
- Be able to keep records, understand our organic philosophy on the farm, and also follow our food safety protocols.
- Have an upbeat, positive attitude, be eager to learn and grow with us.
- Able to lift up to 50 pounds without assistance, 140 pounds with assistance
- Like to work with or want to learn about goats, chickens, donkeys, ducks, pigs, dogs, cats, and any other animal that may wander onto the farm.
- Have a smartphone as many projects will need apps, photos, communication for completion.
- Be able to pass a background check
If you are interested and think this will be a great fit for you, please send your resume to email@example.com. Please include a brief overview of your experience and why you want to work on a farm.