Farm Maintenance Position
Summary: This position will be a part of the internal maintenance team working on an organic farm. Work will involve building maintenance, equipment repairs as well as electrical, carpentry, plumbing, masonry, and electric motor replacement and other equipment repair on various machinery.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Will provide direction and organization for internal maintenance issues.
- Prioritizes maintenance projects to ensure those with highest safety issues are serviced first.
- Assists in creating and reviewing preventative maintenance programs for each farm and department.
- Perform maintenance as assigned.
- Complete repairs involving electrical, plumbing, fencing, welding and building maintenance.
- Understand limitations in electrical work and when to contact an outside contractor for issues beyond what can be done inhouse.
- Identify and note other necessary repairs at farms and report them to the General Manager.
- Troubleshoot and resolve maintenance issues
- Estimate repair costs and/or time necessary to complete upcoming repair projects at the farms for the General Manager
- Repair to the extent possible tractors, implements, machinery, appliances, irrigation equipment, vehicles, and other equipment at the farms.
- Organize contractors and subcontractors as required
- Personally follow company bio security protocol and ensure outside contractors follow bio security protocol.
- Work in a safe manner but ensures employees and contractors do as well.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Assist with loading and unloading trucks, as needed.
- Ability to work independently or in team setting depending on work assignment(s)
- Efficient time management skills and ability to stay on task until daily assignment(s) are complete
- Use tools including common hand and power tools, such as hammers, hoists, saws, drills, and wrenches, to precision measuring instruments and electrical and electronic testing devices.
- Ability to read blueprints/schematics.
- Knowledge of welding, plumbing, and electrical skills.
- Communicate effectively with farm managers, farm employees, vendors and maintenance management staff.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective and cooperative working relationships.
- Ability to travel as needed on a daily basis with occasional, planned overnight trips to distant farms
- A valid driver’s license.
- A minimum of 5 years’ maintenance experience across multiple disciplines
MENTAL AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- Troubleshooting and problem solving skills.
- Strong maintenance background including plumbing, building, electrical, vehicle, motors, welding, fencing, etc.
- Ability to work outdoors in the Arizona heat, stand, bend, climb ladders, lift up to 50 lbs. for extended periods of time and occasionally up to 100 pounds.
- Must be willing to accept after hours trouble calls and respond as needed.
- Ability to work independently.
- Strong planning and organizational skills.
Pay based on experience, insurance benefits offered, farm produce allowance.
If interested please submit resume and letter of interest to Sara at email@example.com