Serious inquiries only. We will only be replying to those that we think would fit this position.
Position: Farmer’s Market Staff
Is living a healthy lifestyle important to you? Do you like getting your hands dirty? Want to help feed your community with wholesome produce? If so, this may be the perfect opportunity for you to become part of an organic family farm!
We are looking to fill a couple part-time farmers’ market positions for this coming season. Our market staff typically only work early Saturday mornings through the early afternoon, however there is an opportunity for more hours in our Farm Store and/or as a delivery driver*. This position is great for college students or people just looking for some extra income or anyone looking for a unique opportunity to learn & work on an organic farm. Ideally, you will have a passion and understanding of healthy eating and organic produce. This is a sales position so sales experience is preferred but not required, although you will need to posses a friendly, outgoing personality (chatting with vendors is part of the farmer’s market experience that customers look forward to!)
Here’s an idea of what a typical farmer’s market shift will include:
- Load refrigerated truck with produce on pallets
- Once at market: set up tents, tables, produce displays, and register by opening (8:00 am)
- Sell delicious, high-quality, organic produce!
- Breakdown tents, tables, register, load produce back in truck
- Back at farm: unload all produce and display items, empty truck
- MUST be able to work Saturday’s (markets are generally open Saturday’s from 8am-1pm)
- Ability to lift at least 50 lbs. repeatedly, throughout the day
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time
- Friendly, outgoing personality
- Sales experience preferred, but not required
- Knowledge of organic farming/produce/practices a plus
- *Delivery driver applicants must be able to pass drug test
Send your resume and contact information to Sara at email@example.com.